TUNISIAN ELECTIONS UPDATES
Update 1: the ISIE has posted online the list of registered voters by constituency. As Tunisians living in the US, we will vote for the constituency “the Americas and the Rest of Europe”. Here is the link to the full list of registered voters in our constituency http://isie.tn/liste-inscrits-etranger/list_inscrit_etr_web_54.pdf (the link is not corrupted. You can ignore the alert message).
You should check that your name is on the list AND that it’s spelled correctly – as it appears on your ID. Your name will appear under Washington’s list even though you might vote in another polling office such as San Francisco. You can go straight to pages 944-970 if you were registered for the previous elections and to pages 970 to 1146 (in Arabic only) if you registered recently.
Here is the link to the list of all registered Tunisians, in all constituencies, if you would like to check the accuracy of the lists http://isie.tn/index.php/fr/communiques/107-listes-electorales.html
Update 2: if you have discovered an error in the list of our constituency, here is the contact information to appeal the list:
Amériques et reste de l’Europe
1255 Université, suite 307-Montréal, Québec Canada H3B 3B4
If you have discovered an error in any of the lists (someone registered twice) here is the link to all contact information by constituency: http://isie.tn/index.php/fr/recours.html
Update 3: the ISIE has extended the registration period again, till AUGUST 29th. Citizens who register during this last extension won’t be able to apply to be candidates for the elections. Here is the procedure to register:
- Click on the following link: https://touenssa.isie.tn or copy/paste it into your browser
- The Registration form page will open.
- If your passport has expired, go to section 2 otherwise move on to step 4
- Enter your personal information as it appears on your passport and follow the instructions
If it doesn’t work, or if your passport has expired, go to section 2
- Click on “Click here“ that appears on the bottom of the form in the following sentence: “If you have a problem with authentication using passport Click here”
- A new page will open and you will be able to register using your Tunisian National Identification Card
- Enter your personal information as it appears on your Tunisian National Identification Card.
- Follow the instructions
If it still doesn’t work, our Embassy in DC could still help register you if you send them the following information:
- i. Full name as it appears on your passport or you Tunisian ID
- ii. Number of your passport
- iii. Your passport date of issue. Write the month in letters to avoid confusion between American date and Tunisian date styles
- iv. Your passport expiration date. Write the month in letters to avoid confusion between American date and Tunisian date styles
- v. Your Tunisian National Identification Card number
- vi. Your date of birth. Write the month in letters to avoid confusion between American date and Tunisian date styles
- vii. Your address (used for the choice of the voting station)
The Voter Education Committee
Mouna Ben Garga, TCC-ISIE Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amine Kallala, TCC, Voter Education Program Director: email@example.com
“Keep Them Honest”
Why: Registration for Tunisians living abroad has been very difficult and sometimes impossible because ISIE’s database is not updated and ignores citizens who have renewed their passports in the recent years. The ISIE is NOT advertising enough for the necessity to register in order to be able to vote. Many irregularities have been pointed out inTunisia, France and Germany. InGermany, someone from the TROIKA is working at ISIE’s regional office and taking care of the voter registration! (See supporting articles below)
What: Help the NGO ATIDE and Civil Society by observing the egistrvoter ration process in the Tunisian Embassy in DC.
How: Send an email expressing your willingness to observe the voter registration to Sélima Dellagi Chaibi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Zied Jamoussi (email@example.com). ATIDE will take it from there and obtain you the authorization to observe voter registration from the ISIE.
When: Starting now till July 22nd, expiration date of the voter registration process
Frequency: Any effort is appreciated. Every day the whole period, one or 2 days per week or even a few hours per day
Background on ATIDE (Association tunisienne pour l’intégrité et la démocratie des élections): a very active Tunisian NGO. Its mission is to promote and enforce the transparency of the whole electoral process including the voter registration http://www.atide.org/
The Voter Education Committee
Mouna Ben Garga, TCC-ISIE Liaison
Amine Kallala, TCC, Program Director
***Let’s Exercise Our Constitutional Right***
The Electoral High Commission , ISIE, had opened a very short period for voters’ registration.
(Deadline: July 22, 2014).
Registration is VERY EASY! It takes less than 1/10th the length of a soccer match!Please follow this link to register ONLINE: https://touenssa.isie.tn/IsieInscriptionEtrg/login.xhtml
Only officially registered citizens will be able to VOTE and exercise their constitutional right.
If you encounter any problem with registration, please send your name and your passport number to our TCC-ISIE Liaison,
Mouna Ben Garga.
Time has come to show again how AWESOME of a nation we are!
The Voter Education Committee,
Mouna Ben Garga, TCC-ISIE Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
Amine Kallala, TCC, Program Director email@example.com
Consistent with its mission of promoting the Tunsian-American friendship, our organization is proud to team up with PAX Program of Academic Exchange, an international high school exchange organization, to find an American family to host a student from Tunisia for a full academic year/semester (or shorter options for 6-8 weeks) while the student attends a local high school.